Commercial Energy Solicitor
Commercial Energy Solicitor - Associate/Senior Associate level - Birmingham or home based
· Top ranked international law firm is seeking a Commercial Energy Solicitor to join its leading energy practice in Birmingham. This opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis and those who wish to be home based are encouraged to apply provided they can attend occasional face-to-face meetings in either Birmingham or London. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
· As a Commercial Energy Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Work in one of the most dynamic and economically robust sectors of the UK economy, which is high on the political agenda.
- Manage a varied caseload, advising on (and often developing) a wide range of commercial contracts relevant to the sector; from long term high-value power purchase and fuel supply agreements to multi-party industry codes.
- Support energy transactional work; developing, financing and selling energy generation and infrastructure projects working closely with a wide range of colleagues from across the firm.
- Help to structure projects; advising on commercial contracts and providing specialist due diligence input in support of corporate/finance colleagues.
- Work with a client base that includes governments, regulatory bodies, major utilities, project developers, network owners/operators, energy suppliers and a wide range of major corporates on energy related matters.
· To be successful in your application for this Commercial Energy Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of 6 months' experience with a strong emphasis on commercial contracts or possibly regulatory matters during that time whether from private practice or in-house and a keen desire to focus on the energy sector moving forward.
- At the more senior end of the experience bracket, strong commercial experience and proven track record in advising on energy related matters.
- Strong research skills and the ability and confidence to produce accurate, succinct written advice to clients.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Depending on level, the ability to supervise juniors.
· The successful Commercial Energy Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support within a team of experts renowned for their knowledge and experience in the energy sector.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities and an immediate client facing role.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of energy projects with a strong international flavour.
- The option to be largely home based with occasional visits to the firm's Birmingham or London office.
· To be considered for this Commercial Energy Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
· BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Commercial Energy Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly