Legal Counsel - Corporate and Commercial (London)
This exclusive instruction is a junior corporate and commercial legal Counsel position.
Our Client is the commercial arm of a world famous London based University.
The successful candidate will
- provide efficient and pragmatic legal advice and guidance on a wide range of relevant company, corporate, commercial law and intellectual property issues;
- work with academic staff, shareholders and other professionals;
- work collaboratively to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Legal Affairs team; and
- work to raise the profile of the Legal Affairs team both within and outside of the organisation.
The successful candidate is likely to be a UK or Common Law qualified Lawyer.
They will be likely to have:
- Experience of advising on, handling, drafting, reviewing and negotiating the wide range of corporate and commercial issues and documents.
- Experience of dealing with venture capital or private equity transactions on a wide range of company and commercial law issues and a full suite of corporate and contractual documentation.
- Experience of working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, and spin-outs companies involved in the technology sector.
- Experience of grant funding of projects and knowledge of academic funding sources.
These attributes are desirable, not essential.
In addition to the salary of £55-60,000 per annum on offer for this role, there are also the following strong benefits:
- Bonus: 10% annually (discretionary)
- Annual leave: 25 days holiday, plus at least four closure days
- Contributory pension: Employee puts in 6% / Employer contributes 16%
Please contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor (Michael Page Legal) for further information.