Family Solicitor or FCILEx
**Amazing opportunity for a Family Solicitor or FCILEx**
Applications invited from Solicitors or Legal Executives specialising in legal aid work to join the team based at a leading firm's Castleford office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied a fast paced role working on matters including care proceedings, children arrangements and domestic violence cases, ideally 2+ years PQE so that they can work with minimal supervision and hit the ground running.
This position would suit a dedicated Solicitor wanting to take the next step in their career, working with a friendly and highly experienced team.
The role with entail:
- Running a case load of client matters.
- Dealing with matters at all stages, from taking the client's initial instructions through to archiving, in accordance with office and accounts procedures.
- Providing sound and appropriate advice to clients.
- Representing clients at Court (including advocacy) as appropriate.
- Instructing counsel or other experts where appropriate.
- Using Legal Aid CCMS for applications, amendments, billing;
- Obtaining and preparing file documentation.
- Delegated supervisory responsibilities as and when required.
- Maintaining legal knowledge and skills.
- Business Development.
The successful candidate will have the ability to present and argue a case confidently and competently.
Strength with technical details and able to express solutions to complex legal problems in a concise and client-friendly way. An ability to work accurately and competently in accordance with the requirements of the team. Essential attributes include being capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. An ability to organise, prioritise and manage their workload, to work on their own initiative and as a member of the team.
2 years PQE+ or equivalent level of experience in child care law is essential.
The role is requiring flexibility with frequent travelling between and covering other offices.
Competitive and negotiable salary DOE along with excellent staff benefits