Head of Law - Corporate/Commercial
You will work closely with the Directors to lead the existing legal services team who provide Corporate and Commercial work to a range of SME businesses in the UK. Leading from the front, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the firm regarding winning new business, overall service delivery and delivering your own work.
A multi-discipline professional services group.
- Overall responsibility of new customer acquisition whilst maintaining relationships with existing ones.
- Managing and improving existing processes and procedures.
- Leading client meetings and acting as 'expert'
- Providing strategy and direction for business growth
- Tracking workflow and delivery across the team
- Acting as Deal Leader for M&A transactions
- Managing outsource relationships
- Working with the finance team on corporate transactions and financial due diligence
- Training current team members and improving performance
- Supervision of staff including appraisals and providing guidance as needed
New business, attending new business meetings and networking/speaking events
* Existing experience working with SME businesses
* Good knowledge within the service portfolio
* Understanding of current legal practices and precedents
* Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a team
* Confident and dynamic personality
* Proven Business Development capability
* Proven track record of managing a team
Competitive salary and benefits package.