In House Legal Counsel
Join a dynamic business going through accelerated growth. A fun, high energy environment where your legal advice really matters and is well received by your commercial colleagues.
Fantastic opportunity to make a first move to an In-House Legal Counsel position.
Working with three other lawyers who report to the COO (also a lawyer) you will be integral in supporting the business on a broad range of legal matters. This will include drafting and negotiating complex multi-million pound client contracts and ongoing programs of work with large private and public sector companies. You may also get involved in advising on any of the following whilst being responsible for your own specialist legal area:
- Trademarks and IP
- Data protection
- Public procurement
- Software licences and IT
- Company secretarial matters
In addition, there is scope for the role to cover important quasi-legal and non-legal areas including:
- Preparing and project managing tender frameworks and tender responses for public and private sector clients
- Running procurement programmes
- Involvement in many key internal improvement projects
We are looking for:
- The position would best suit a lawyer between 1 – 3 years PQE*.
- Our client seeks the brightest and most able candidates. They are open minded to your specialist legal experience as they realise you will need to upskill in many new areas both legal and business related, and training and support will be given.
- You will however have some experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts under English law.
- It would also be helpful if you have some experience of data protection law.
- You will possess a pragmatic, commercial approach.
- Must have strong IT skills, and a lack of fear of working with new systems.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear oral and written communication and be excited by the prospect of developing new relations (both internally and externally).
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on own initiative.
- Focused and committed.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- A pleasure to work with and have a good sense of humour.
- Keen to achieve more, ambitious!
- Superb attention to detail.
Package on Offer:
- Good basic salary
- Bonus to 16%
- Health cover
- 27 days holiday
- Relocation allowance if required
- Share options
Flexible working on offer with the option to work half the week from home.
If you are interested in this In-House Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch for a confidential chat.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.