Contracts & Commercial Officer
Leading defence business at the forefront of technological development working on some of the world’s most exciting and complex engineering and technology programmes. Seeking a commercially astute and driven Contracts & Commercial Officer to support the service and maintenance of their projects.
Supporting the business with contract and commercial management you will work collaboratively with key functions of the programmes including Project Management, cost estimating, finance, procurement, engineering and technical as well as interfacing into UK Government customers.
- Supporting bids up to the value of £5M
- Proposing and reviewing complex terms and conditions
- Managing and resolving customer queries and maintaining relations
- Reviewing and amending detailed agreements including Purchase Orders, Enabling Agreements, Technical Assistance Agreements, Contracts, Sub-Contracts, amendments, and Service Level Agreements
- Ability to plan and undertake basic negotiations
- Delivering commercial support and guidance to other functions where required
- Managing the implementation of procedures and controls within the specified area to ensure compliance with commercial policies
- Managing the Bid Approval process for commercial elements
- Providing advice and guidance to Supply Chain team to ensure appropriate flow-down of head contract terms and conditions
- Understanding the financial and pricing requirements of commercial contracts
- Identify, manage, and mitigate commercial risk
- MOD experience
- Ideal candidates could currently be working in a similar position
- Proven ability to draft, prepare and issue sound commercial contracts
- Strong communication skills
- Business acumen to demonstrate an understanding of the balance of risk and reward in managing long term complex programmes
- Confidence in team working
- Some knowledge of MOD contracting practices
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of ITAR and export controls
- Awareness of Single Source Contract Regulations (SSCR) and AAR Criteria
- Security clearance
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Share scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
- Local discounts
Our client will consider flexible working including some home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this Contracts & Commercial Officer position, please apply now. If the role is not right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.