Our client, a market leader in its specialist field, is hoping to attract a Cashiers Manager to work permanently between the hours of 9 and 5 Monday to Friday.
You will be based in the Nottingham office (although perhaps working remotely to begin with) and will be leading the operational supervision and management of the Cashiers' Team. Leading a team of 8, you will ensure the accuracy and timely processing of the day to day financial transactions of the firm in accordance with the SRA Accounts rules and the Firm's procedures. As Cashier Manager, you will also be responsible for the following;
- maintaining and improving departmental processes, as well as building and maintaining relationships with both internal staff and external clients
- ensuring that the Cashiers' Team is adequately staffed at all times to satisfy the needs of the business (with responsibility to include the supervision of holiday arrangements and assistance with temporary and permanent staff recruitment)
- reviewing daily compliance reports and ensuring any potential SRA Accounts Rules breaches are addressed by the Cashiers' Team within the required timescale and liaising with the Head Cashier in respect of matters impacting upon the firm's compliance with legislation / regulatory environment
- ensuring that business processes and financial controls operate effectively and remain fit for purpose
- maintenance of the firm's client interest rate tables in the Practice Management System, ensuring that the rates are accurate and up to date with any changes in interest rates
- assisting staff with any difficulties encountered whilst carrying out their roles and taking on responsibility for deputising for others in the Cashiers' Team to provide cover during holidays, sickness or any other absence
The beauty of this role is that it offers you the chance to showcase your leadership skills in a management capacity but still allows you the hands on aspect of accounting which is what a lot of managers say they miss as they move up the career ladder.
And the firm itself? For a large national law firm, you will be hard pressed to find one more innovative, nor one more supportive of its staff.
For more information, and a comprehensive job specification, please send your CV for immediate consideration.