Serious Injury Solicitor
Serious Injury Solicitor - Associate
£54,000 - £72,000 per annum
Is client care at the heart of all you do, and do you want to make a difference to a client's recovery? Do you want to work in an established team that is growing each day due to the volume of high-quality work?
If so, this could be your next role!
My client are looking for a Serious Injury Solicitor - Associate to join their Serious Injury team dealing with high value Multi Track value cases, now is an exciting time to join and be part of their growth plans!
About the Role
To handle a portfolio of claimant serious injury claims for clients, to generate fee income and contribute to the general success of the department, The caseload is predominantly RTA based and involves cases with complex technical issues and quantum. Some of your core responsibilities will be delivering the following for your caseload and that of your sub team:
You will be responsible for delivering excellent client care to our clients who have suffered from a traumatic and life changing event, on your individual cases and overseeing the team.
Motivate and lead the team ensuring clear objectives and KPIs are followed, performance issues are actively managed and development plans are in place in accordance with company policy.
Conduct monthly 121’s, regular technical and case reviews, providing feedback and mentoring as required.
Ensuring all cases are effectively progressed and assist the leadership team with embedding new working practices and procedures.
- A qualified Solicitor or Fellow of CILEx with a minimum of 8 Years Post Qualification Experience.
- Proven track record of managing serious injury claims as the lead fee earner within a similar role, experienced litigator with strong technical ability and practical knowledge of the court procedures.
- Interest and experience mentoring junior or developing colleagues, team player who acts as a role model to your colleagues.
- Commitment to delivering excellent client care for each of our clients.
- Strong professional profile and experience developing the profile of the firm within the personal injury field. Committed to developing the Multi Track and Minster Law brand internally and externally.
- Accountable for achieving objectives in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining high standards of work quality and client care.
- Previous team management/ team leader/ supervisory experience desirable and to include performance management, achievement of objectives and motivating/developing individuals.
- Excellent communication skills to include negotiation and objection handling.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Good attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative.
- Robust - able to deal with changing circumstances and challenging situations whilst still achieving objectives.
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch yourself and be passionate about developing your own and your sub team’s career in personal injury.
- Business development experience and strong network of contacts within the industry.
- Existing links with associated bodies for example Headway, SIA and APIL.
About My Client
My client is a highly successful, cash generative and profitable international Insurance Services Group. Innovation, disruption and empowerment are at the core of the Group’s mindset and these attributes have led to the growth of significant Group brands such as ‘Compare the Market’, ‘Junction Insurance’ in the UK and ‘Telesure’ in South Africa.
There is significant recognition of the value of owning key parts of the insurance claims process, making my client an important group asset. With a strong relationship and long-term distribution agreement in place with BGL Group, my client is keen to leverage their capability to establish a dominant position in the personal injury sector.
My client is well placed to succeed in a market that faces considerable change and likely ongoing regulatory and legislative intervention. They are establishing a strong reputation across the market as a brand and company that is confident in its direction of travel, is profitable and well-funded.
At the heart of my client’s business are their colleagues. They are incredibly proud to have been awarded Platinum Level accreditation by Investors in People. To achieve the highest award on their first accreditation is a huge testament to our people and culture.
They are proud of their expertise in high volume fast track claims processing and have a significant serious injury scale. They have a highly privileged business model supporting some of the largest bike and car insurance brands in the UK. They have one of the largest serious injury teams in the UK, with one in three of all personal injury claims resulting from motorcycle accidents now being managed by their legal team.
About their Benefits
- In addition to the salary of £54,000 - £72,000 per annum, they have a wide range of great benefits and perks and career development!
- Agile working, work from wherever it suits you and the business!
- Generous bonus based on individual contribution.
- Pension 5% contribution
- Life Assurance
- Income protection insurance (subject to eligibility)
- Health Care Cash plan covering health and wellbeing costs
- Quarterly Mega draw where you can win some fantastic prizes.
- Perk box -great performance rewards and great discounts across retailers, dining and gifts
- Free onsite refreshments
- Competitive colleague referral schemes
- Eyesight tests
- Long service awards
- Supported transport to and from Wakefield train stations.
- Travel Loans and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fantastic company funded events to celebrate achievements.
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kyle Bancroft for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful