Private Equity Funds Lawyer
Private Equity Funds Lawyer
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum | External in-house role
London | Currently remote working in line with Government guidelines
We are looking for a Private Equity Funds Lawyer to join our London team and work in-house with investment management sector clients. Offered on a permanent basis, the role is open to full-time and part-time applicants.
ABOUT CLEVELAND & CO
Cleveland & Co External In-House Counsel™ is a specialist outsourced legal team providing advisory services in the investment management sector. We are built on our ability to think differently, pioneering a better way to serve our clients in an ever-changing world while fostering a culture of success.
We are a team of highly skilled legal professionals at the top of our game. We got here because we believe in doing whatever it takes to be successful. We are current, resourceful, dynamic, and agile and we are proud of the impact we can make in the world.
Cleveland & Co™ values honest people with drive who contribute to the team’s and our clients’ success. If you are a results focused and accountable Funds Lawyer looking for a role that will support your development, then you’re the perfect fit. If you love what you do and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you. We are open to those candidates looking for part-time employment or flexible working as well as those returning from a career break.
We are looking for an ambitious Private Equity Funds Lawyer (2+ PQE) with the qualities listed above, a private equity funds background, and an excellent working knowledge of at least three of the following:
- Investment management;
- Trading and derivatives
- Custody and administration services;
- Transactional documentation;
- Corporate; and
- Commercial contracts
The incoming Private Equity Funds Lawyer will also demonstrate:
- Independence, resourcefulness, and confidence with great problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, business sense, and professionalism to communicate with all levels of management, staff and clients;
- Proactive, able to take the initiative and anticipate the firm’s and client’s needs;
- Ability to work effectively with a range of personality types and seniority levels;
- Self-starter with a history of pushing for deadline-driven results;
- Ability to jump in and support the team when/where needed;
- Lead and be one step ahead, constantly thinking about what needs to be done next to improve efficiency for the team and our clients; and
- Think of new initiatives, new ways of doing things, and introduce them into the workday, to help move us forward.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Funds Lawyer
As our new Funds Lawyer you will take the lead on a variety of client work, including without limitation:
- Financial services regulation;
- Funds (mutual, private equity, real estate, hedge and listed);
- Distribution and placement;
- Investment advice, execution, transition management, overlay;
- Custody and administration;
- Broker-dealer arrangements;
- Trading documentation;
- Entity establishment;
- Transactional documentation (LPAs, Asset and Share Sale Agreements, term sheets, DD etc);
- Corporate lending;
- Commercial contracts;
- Legal research; and
- Writing legal articles.
The right candidate for this lawyer role will also be adept at:
- Building and managing client relationships;
- Working collaboratively to deliver quality work to clients; and
- Driving strategy to contribute to the success the firm.
BENEFITS of the Funds Lawyer position
We offer all our Lawyers a range of benefits including:
- A culture of success focused on our values and results
- Opportunity to immediately impact growing a successful firm with industry recognition
- Exciting varied work gaining experience from multiple investment firms
- Scope for fast career progression and skills development
- Opportunity to attend relevant courses
- External mentoring programme
- Performance bonus scheme
- Profit share scheme
- Statutory Pension
- Ride to work scheme
- Annual away day
- Regular social events
Due to current circumstances, we are an entirely remote working team!
Once things get back to normal, our offices are in a restored period factory building located in the well-connected and trendy neighbourhood of Bermondsey in London.
The Private Equity Funds Lawyer will be offered FTE of £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, based on experience. We are open to those candidates looking for part-time employment or flexible working as well as those returning from a career break.
If you would like to find out more or be considered for our fantastic Private Equity Funds Lawyer role and work in-house with some amazing clients, please submit your application today.