Junior Corporate Lawyer
1 day left
- Full Time
We are working with a leading commercial law firm based in Manchester who are ranked in the top 200 UK firms. They would like to add a junior Corporate lawyer to their team who is NQ to 2 PQE.
This is a firm is who are known for their excellent work and great work-life balance. Lawyers are well-supported by market leading Partners and encouraged to progress, making this a superb opportunity for career progression.
We would like to hear from you if you are an ambitious junior lawyer wanting to embrace a rewarding career within corporate law. If you really enjoy being professionally challenged and working on leading transactional M&A cases, this is the role for you.
It will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assisting on transactional, M&A work: reviewing and reporting on due diligence if acting for a buyer; collating responses to due diligence if acting for a seller and then going through the warranties to draft the disclosure letter; drafting and finalising ancillary documents; moving towards drafting / reviewing SPAs for smaller transactions
- AIM / plc work: primarily verification of investor presentations / admission documents and otherwise generally assisting on placings / admissions.
- Reorganisation work: drafting documentation to effect share exchanges / buy backs / hive acrosses / s110 reorganisations / dividends in specie under supervision initially
- General company law advice, which will include: shareholders agreements; bespoke articles of association (including for "FICs"); AGM notices for plcs; corporate authorities by way of property / banking support; general company law advice and implementation.
- Non fee earning work: drafting articles and assisting with precedents with the team as a whole.
You are not expected to have experience in all the above, but have a good appreciation of what is involved in corporate M&A work.
This is an excellent firm for a junior lawyer to continue their career, they have a strong, open, transparent and collegiate culture where everyone works as a team and before lockdown enjoyed plenty of after work activities!
If you would like to be considered for this superb Corporate role, please apply through the advert or contact Tim Batchelor at Thornton Legal directly for a strictly confidential discussion. Any reference to PQE and salary are for guidance only.
Thornton Legal is an award-winning legal recruitment company covering the North from our offices in Liverpool and Leeds
Apply for Junior Corporate Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly