Insolvency & Restructuring Solicitor
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen with a top national law firm for a Solicitor/Associate to join their Insolvency & Recoveries team in Birmingham. This role offers exceptional work, plenty of flexibility and promising career prospects.
About the role
The successful Insolvency & Restructuring Solicitor/Associate will be based in the firm's Birmingham office which operates an agile working environment with a blend of home and office working in future. The firm's national Insolvency team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services, acting on behalf of large corporates, owner managed businesses, public bodies, insurers, professional practices, regulatory bodies and private individuals.
Daily workflows of the Insolvency & Restructuring Solicitor will include a broad mix of contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters including:
- Preparing pre-formal insolvency and contingency planning advice;
- Preparing personal and corporate insolvency documents including but not limited to drafting the appointment of fixed charge receivers, notices of intention to appoint and notice of appointment of administrators by QFCHs and Directors, drafting reports on the validity of the appointment of administrators and fixed charge receivers, statutory demands and winding up petitions;
- Drafting documents in relation to pre-pack administrations and sale of assets out of liquidation;
- Handling contested compulsory winding up and bankruptcy petitions and instructing Counsel;
- Drafting urgent applications for freezing injunctions and /or for the appointment of provisional liquidators;
- Investigating and pursuing transactions conducted pre-insolvency against various third parties; and
- Attending and conducting hearings.
About the person
The successful candidate will have ideally completed a minimum of 2 years' experience in Restructuring and Insolvency work, ideally with experience of insolvency litigation and restructuring transactions.
You will have excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail and due to the large volume of work you must be proficient at working in an organised and efficient manner. You will have sound advising and influencing skills and will thrive when working within a team on complex matters.
About the firm
The hiring firm is a highly regarded national practice that continues to act as one of the leading progressive firms in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with some extremely well-respected partners nationally and will be part of a team that encourages personal skills development and growth. All fee earners are currently working from home and a blend of home and office working will be encouraged in future. One of the many perks includes a 28 day holiday allowance as standard and a dress for your diary policy.