Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary
Our client is an established but still growing law firm, and they're looking for an experienced Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary to assist at Partner level.
Working as part of a small team, the successful Legal Secretary will assist mainly with Commercial Litigation matters, but may also be required to assist with other areas that the team covers including Family, Property and Probate - because of this an 'all rounder' will be a great fit for this team!
The successful candidate will be an experienced audio-typist who takes pride in their accuracy and standard of work. They will have great client care skills and applicants must be willing to undertake a variety of tasks and be able to stay calm and prioritise work effectively while doing so.
* Producing documents from the Case Management System.
* Dealing with telephone queries or taking messages when appropriate.
* Keeping clients and other parties updated with progress of matters.
* Assisting solicitors and executives with matters at all stages of the transaction, from file opening to archiving in accordance with office and accounts procedures.
* Billing files and obtaining monies due to the firm from the clients and other parties.
KEY SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
* Professional and helpful client care.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Effective and helpful secretarial support.
* Ability to work accurately in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Ability to organise and prioritise work, under supervision, to meet clients' expectations and matter deadlines.
* Ability to work on own initiative as appropriate.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Literate and numerate.
* Previous secretary / paralegal experience within commercial litigation (preferred)
* Case Management System experience is highly desirable.
* Flexible and 'can do' attitude.
* Excellent written English to produce documents for the clients, other side and third parties.
* Good spoken English to resolve telephone enquiries.
As well as a great salary DOE, the client has a generous benefits package, with holidays starting at 23 PA, rising to 26 after 12 months service.
This is a full time role and the hours of work are 9-5, Monday to Friday