Commercial Energy Solicitor
An exciting opportunity at a leading national firm for a junior to mid level commercial lawyer (c. 1-5 PQE), already focusing on the energy work or keen to develop their careers within this diverse and fast-paced industry, to join a team nationally regarded as experts in this field.
This Commercial Energy Solicitor position is open to applicants in London, Birmingham or the East Midlands.
As a Commercial Energy Solicitor with this team, your responsibilities will include:
· Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts (often high value) with an energy context
· Advising on the energy industry codes and agreements
· Advising on regulatory matters related to Ofgem and associated licensing issues
· Providing energy regulatory input to energy projects and M&A transactions, including due diligence review
· Providing energy regulatory support to relevant litigation matters
· Advising on related procurement and state aid issues
· Advising on renewable energy support schemes
· Advising on European energy law and policy
· European travel (up to three times a year)
· As a Commercial Energy Solicitor in this team you would work with regulated network and retail supply companies in the gas and electricity sectors, as well as developers and funders of energy infrastructure projects (including battery, wind/solar and biomass). The team is also increasingly acting for clients involved in electric vehicle infrastructure.
· The team advises on wholesale energy markets and trading, retail energy supply, renewable energy projects, energy regulation, industry codes and agreements, and planning and consents.
To be successful in your application for this Commercial Energy Solicitor position, you will have:
· Between six months and five years' PQE as a Commercial Solicitor.
· Energy sector or regulatory experience is desirable but what is more important is a real desire to get involved in this sector and be able to explain your reasons why.
· Strong team working skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· A good academic background.
· Training and post qualification experience from a large regional, national, international or City firm.
The Commercial Energy Solicitor will be rewarded with a very competitive package including:
· A competitive salary ad benefits package.
· A supportive, collaborative and dynamic working environment which seeks to attract original thinkers.
· Agile/flexible working is available.
· Opportunities for travel.
If you would like to be considered for this Commercial Energy Solicitor position, please apply here or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal to arrange a confidential chat.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.