6 days left
- Full Time
Kennedys is looking for an Associate to work in the Cyber and Data Risk team, based in both Manchester and London . The role will require core working days of Thursday-Monday in order to provide a great service to our clients, therefore will suit candidates who are looking for flexibility to work over the weekends and have their days off in the week.
The role would involve dealing with fast paced breach response work, crisis management and wider regulatory and data risk issues. The role would also involve advising on pre-breach data compliance, investigations brought by regulators and claims arising out of data breaches. There will also be opportunities to grow the practice and secure new clients.
Ideally, the candidate would have experience in dealing with the management of data breaches and/or the wider data risk landscape. However, we are willing to consider candidates with insurance litigation experience that are interested in the rapidly developing cyber market and looking for their next challenge.
Kennedys' Cyber team is the fastest growing cyber team in the UK and acts for a wide variety of cyber insurers and major corporates. It handles some of the biggest global breaches and is regularly instructed on high profile incidents that attract media attention. It provides a 24/7/365 breach response service and advises on all aspects of data risk issues. It also works closely with Kennedys' global cyber team, which now covers almost 25 jurisdictions.
Cyber is a real growth area for the firm, and the ideal candidate would have some experience in this area, or at least an aptitude and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Cyber insurers and their insureds
- Large corporate entities.
- A full range of cyber and data risk issues
- Breach response - often involving a global angle
- Defending regulatory proceedings and investigations arising out of the misuse of data
- Defence of claims following cyber incidents
- Non-contentious advice on data compliance and risk.
- 3+ years' UK Qualified Solicitor or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience*
- Litigation experience of working with insurers, ideally London market experience
- We are willing to consider candidates transferring from areas such as defendant professional indemnity or commercial, but the successful candidate must be able to adapt quickly and work in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Be able to demonstrate an interest and awareness in evolving technology, cyber risks and data protection issues.
- Matching pension scheme
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate GP
- Life insurance and Income protection
- 35 hour working week
- Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
As soon as you join Kennedys you’ll be given opportunity to build your own personal client relationships, and we encourage you to do so. We value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they appreciate our warm, friendly, human approach. We place emphasis on offering a transparent career path. Our partner and senior associate promotion process and criteria are clearly communicated throughout the firm. We are proud that many of our partners, including our Senior Partner, began their life in law as trainees with us.