Planning and Construction Solicitor - Liverpool
Associate | Planning and Construction Law | 1 year + | Liverpool
My Client is one of the biggest Law Practices with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2019 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
Forming part of the firms Real Estate Department the Construction team is a nationally recognised practice providing a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of Construction law. They advise on construction risk management from procurement to completion (projects and dispute management across a broad range of sectors). The team acts for private and public sector clients including developers, healthcare providers, education institutions, transport authorities, main contractors, sub-contractors, and consultants. They have been involved in a range of projects from multimillion pound developments to high value multi party disputes.
We are in search of candidates across the country (excluding London), NQ + PQE to join the Real Estate, Planning and Construction team.
Candidates must have experience of working on caseloads of contentious or non-contentious and ideally a mix working on behalf of the types of client referred to in the "Department" section above.
Duties would include:
Manage a caseload of construction work.
- Assist other members of the team with their caseloads of Construction work (contentious and non-contentious)
- Draft (and/or assist with drafting) contracts, agreements, correspondence, pleadings, witness statements, instructions to counsel, attendance notes (without limitation)
- Advise and assist clients with disputes and risk management.
- Advise and assist clients with dispute resolution including (among other) adjudication and mediation.
- Carry out other case handling advice and duties.
- Work with the members of the existing Construction team to develop client relationships and business opportunities.
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets KPIs.
- Ensure relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to.
- Comply with relevant Company and client policies and procedures.
- Work in accordance with the Company and the client's values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive, and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified Solicitor - varying levels of seniority and location
- Experience of handling a construction caseload of a non-contentious and contentious nature.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Flexible approach
The role is ideally based in their Liverpool office, but they offer agile working which includes working out of any office in their portfolio and home working is available (this includes post pandemic)
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market, and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.