Commercial Solicitor 1-4 PQE - National Firm - Birmingham - full or part-time (4 days)
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial offering in Birmingham with the addition of an experienced Commercial Solicitor ideally with IT and IP experience. Applications will be considered from those with a minimum of one years' experience through to those with up to about four years' PQE. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial Solicitor within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients including private clients but with a particular focus on the public and health sectors. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis.
As a Commercial Solicitor, based in the Birmingham office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Advising on the procurement, licensing and supply of tech products and services to a wide range of public and private sector clients.
* Advising on high-value, long-term projects for the likes of NHS bodies, local authorities and central government agencies, as well as private sector companies.
* Advising on outsourcing, IT infrastructure and support service agreements on projects as varied as electronic patient records and European grant funding systems.
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Commercial Solicitor will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with at least one years' post qualification experience.
* Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the the public sector).
* Have general commercial contracts experience but also experience of drafting IT contracts and preferably experience of advising on non-contentious intellectual property matters including brand strategies, licensing and exploitation.
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
* Have a real passion for technology law.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with a strong package including:
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive suite of benefits.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial Solicitor opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.