In-House Legal Counsel
An exciting and fast-growing tech start-up are looking to appoint their first In-house Legal Counsel.
You will have at least 2-3 years’ PQE as a Commercial Lawyer, with excellent IP, GDPR and Compliance experience and a background in TMT. A good command of M&A is also preferred although not essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts, employee contracts, technology agreements, service agreements, licensing agreements, regulatory agreements and NDA’s
- Taking a leading role in implementing, managing and advising on GDPR best practice across the business
- Implementing and maintaining internal compliance policies and procedures
- Managing regulatory matters and guiding the business through any associated regulatory and business risk
- Instructing and managing external counsel relationships
- Creating and maintaining the legal department template precedent bank
The role will suit an energetic self-starter who is an ambitious, dynamic and proactive lawyer, looking for their next challenge.
You must have the ability to tailor advice to the specific needs of the business and apply common sense and practical solutions in a fast-moving environment with new challenges arising every day.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.