Commercial Property Partner
Based in our Derby or Birmingham office
Our Commercial Property team of legal experts and Legal 500 recommended lawyers are highly experienced in advising investors, housebuilders, landowners, developers, property management companies, educational establishments, charities and care service providers on acquisitions, leases and disposals.
The team has a national reputation for dealing with high-value and complex development work and frequently advises on the drafting and negotiation of leases and associated documentation.
The Commercial Property Partner will be responsible for handling a senior level caseload of varied property matters as well as supervising more junior team members. Additional responsibilities include assisting with setting and reviewing SLAs for the department, managing client relationships and service levels, maintaining good financials and training/mentoring team members. This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Run own senior-level caseload of property matters to include: commercial and residential development, landlord and tenant advice, site acquisitions, funding arrangements and agreements, joint ventures and options & commercial leases.
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day work of more junior team members, delegate work where required.
- Work closely with the Partners within the team on departmental matters, ensuring a cohesive approach.
- Ensure financial targets are met within the department, both on a personal and team level.
- Work with the CEO and Partners on financial structures for the department, this includes pricing models and team budgets.
- Report key management information as required.
- Assist junior fee-earner with their own caseload; offering support and guidance where needed.
- Run file reviews of fee-earners where required, raise any issues arising and use this as an ongoing developmental tool.
- Work with fee-earners to understand necessary processes, SLAs and wider expectations.
- Program and update relevant IT systems, ensuring this is used appropriately by each team member.
- Liaise directly with agents and clients where necessary and be their key point of contact.
- Maintain a focus on client care and understand how this can be improved within the department.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the firm as required – this may include the management board, Compliance Manager, etc.
- Be at Senior Associate or Partner level currently.
- Have extensive experience in a breadth of property matters.
- Have experience in supervising work and be able to effectively delegate to team members.
- Be able to evidence billing figures that meet or exceed existing targets.
- Have a keen interest in leadership and business development.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
About Flint Bishop
Flint Bishop is a multi-award winning, UK top 200 law firm with some of the most talented legal experts in the Midlands.
We represent leading UK organisations including government agencies, public sector bodies and PLCs, providing pragmatic and solution-orientated advice, which is nationally recognised by both the legal and business community.
Recognised as a ‘leading firm’ by both Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, the outstanding quality of our staff and service levels is underlined by our ISO quality assurance accreditations, industry awards and peer ranking.