Commercial Property Solicitor
Based in our Derby or Birmingham office
We are seeking to recruit a motivated, client-focused and friendly property lawyer who has 4-6 years’ PQE and is looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity. In particular, we are looking for an individual with a passion for development work, able to handle their own caseload of small-scale developments and work alongside partners on more complex work.
Our Commercial Property team of legal experts and Legal 500 recommended lawyers are highly experienced in advising investors, housebuilders, landowners, developers, property management companies, educational establishments, charities and care service providers on acquisitions, leases and disposals.
Our Commercial Property team has an enviable client base national reputation for dealing with high-value and complex development work. We expect the successful candidate to have excellent career progression opportunities within the team.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work on a wide range of commercial property matters including:
- Commercial and residential site acquisitions.
- Commercial and residential development.
- Funding arrangements and agreements.
- Planning and infrastructure agreements.
- Overage and Option agreements.
- Commercial leases.
- Landlord and tenant advice.
- Prepare and review documents related to the above-mentioned documentation and other general commercial property transactions.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach with great attention to detail.
- Provide assistance to senior team members with high-value transactions.
- Prepare for completion meetings; handle post-completion filings and prepare completion bibles.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and other departments within the firm.
- Have a minimum of a 2:1 legal degree.
- Have between 4-6 years’ experience in commercial property work.
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills.
- Have a sound knowledge of IT systems and processes, such as the Microsoft suite.
- Be a hard-working and highly-motivated individual with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
About Flint Bishop:
Flint Bishop is a multi-award winning, UK top 200 law firm with some of the most talented legal experts in the Midlands.
We represent leading UK organisations including government agencies, public sector bodies and PLCs, providing pragmatic and solution-orientated advice, which is nationally recognised by both the legal and business community.
Recognised as a ‘leading firm’ by both Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, the outstanding quality of our staff and service levels is underlined by our ISO quality assurance accreditations, industry awards and peer ranking.