Wills & Probate Senior Associate
Wills, Probate, Tax & Trusts
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive, self-motivated and client-focused senior associate to join our Wills, Probate, Tax & Trusts team based in Derby.
This role is responsible for managing a significant caseload of complex matters including high-value estate administration.
You will also support more junior team members in their ongoing development and supervises work where required and deputise on department matters in the absence of the Head of Department
In addition, there will also be an element of marketing and business development activities involved, providing the opportunity to present new ideas to increase the visibility of the team within the Midlands.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a varied caseload of Wills, Probate, Tax & Trust matters that will include:
- Providing general advice to clients on all aspects of Wills, Probate, Tax & Trust processes.
- Preparing all types of Wills.
- Dealing with high-value estate administration.
- Inheritance tax planning.
- Advising on risks of death, divorce or bankruptcy.
- Setting up and administering trusts.
- Obtaining deputyship orders from the Court of Protection as required.
- Acting on behalf of court-appointed deputies.
- As well as managing a personal caseload of WPTT matters, including leading on more complex matters.
- Ensure matters are kept up to date in systems and new advancements are communicated to the relevant team members.
- Provide ongoing technical support and supervision for more junior fee-earners, sign off work as and when required.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of fee-earning matters to more junior fee-earners. Regularly assess capacity of fee-earners and delegate work effectively where required alongside the Head of WPTT.
- Record all time in the Elite system, including non-billable activities.
- Take a strategic lead on business development efforts for the department.
- Take a lead on departmental audits as and when required.
- Deputise in department matters in the absence of the Head of Department.
- Take on additional tasks as reasonably required by the Head of Wills, Probate, Tax & Trusts.
- Have current solid experience in all wills, probate, tax and trust matters mentioned above.
- Have a minimum of a 2:1 legal degree.
- Have proven experience in managing your own workload with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills.
- Be a hard-working and highly-motivated individual with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team.
- Be confident in using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
About Flint Bishop
Flint Bishop is a multi-award winning, UK top 200 law firm with some of the most talented legal experts in the Midlands.
Recognised as a ‘leading firm’ by both Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, the outstanding quality of our staff and service levels is underlined by our ISO quality assurance accreditations, industry awards and peer ranking.
Many of our long-standing clients have built trusted working relationships with our experts across all areas of the firm, several of which have worked with us for over 50 years.