Legal Counsel - 12 Month FTC
This is a 12 month FTC with a well established and leading legal team and includes broad commercial/ technology/ procurement legal matters
Globally renowned technology business and brand who are continuously thriving and at the forefront of innovation.
Our client are looking for a Legal Counsel to join their Global Operations team to advise the business on commercial contracts and general commercial matters. You'll form part of a dynamic, ambitious and welcoming legal team.
The Global Operations team identifies and manages risk in the businesses supply chain and manufacturing operations; helping to maintain effective relationships with our suppliers and ensure the right behaviours, commitments and accountability from them. You will be a trusted advisors who will work collaboratively with the business, and provide solution-driven, timely and high quality legal advice that supports the company's continued success. You work would involve negotiating key supplier contracts across a broad range of subject matters (such as manufacturing supply, research and development, IT, marketing and customer experience), resolving contractual disputes where appropriate, and advising on product safety matters.
This is what you need to have:
- At least 3 years' post-qualification experience in a commercial contracts role, obtained either in-house or in private practice;
- A solid background in contract law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a pragmatic way;
- Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to actively contribute to key business decisions;
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- An understanding of the role of a legal team in a large business;
- The ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision, in an exciting, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment; and
- The confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required and manage business expectations where necessary
Good duration contract of 12 months
Excellent experience within a thriving and innovative business
Good salary and company benefits