Commercial Lawyer 2+ PQE
Commercial Solicitor Job in Bristol with leading national firm - flexible working
Your new company
This Top 100 firm provide a comprehensive range of legal services. As their Commercial & Infrastructure Department continues to grow, they are looking to recruit a Solicitor for their Bristol office, as part of the team advising Local Government on their procurement of major infrastructure projects and service provision across England & Wales. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work on some of the largest and ground breaking projects in the country.
The broader department is involved in a wider variety of commercial and complex contracting work: joint ventures, construction and engineering; outsourced service provision; new forms of delivery and funding of works, infrastructure and front and back office services.
The role will be broad and interesting and will offer good levels of client contact. Throughout, you'll be well supported in an experienced, inclusive team. In an increasingly complex and competitive commercial landscape, the team is helping more and more clients keep pace with change - making this an exciting time to join them.
Your new role
You will focus on high-value, complex projects for the likes of public and private sector companies. This will involve a mix of commercial work in a variety of Local Authority sectors which could range from:
- Infrastructure projects: highways, waste, energy, education, leisure, regeneration
- Providing legal advice on all critical decisions that can impact a council's own climate change objectives
- The need for growth including new forms of partnerships, new structures and contracts to deliver services.
- Variations and contract management including PFI and PPP schemes and outsourcing projects
- Back office service provision: shared services, in-sourcing, joint venture, outsourcing
- Front office service provision: shared services, new corporate arrangements
- Procurement support: running procurements (or bidding) for projects such as those described above
- Commercialisation agenda with Local Government
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a 2+ PQE solicitor with commercial experience, looking to join a market leader offering access to an excellent quality of work. You may currently be in private practice or working for the public sector or in-house, and you will have a practical and commercial approach and the ability to deliver clear, precise advice.
What you'll get in return
This is a standout opportunity to join an ambitious and growing practice that will provide you with an excellent grounding and platform in your commercial career. The firm offer a genuine work life balance and are happy to arrange flexible working patterns.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Commercial Lawyer 2+ PQE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly