Senior Legal Counsel
Award winning and world-renowned business seeks to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to their global legal team initially on a fixed term contract for 12 months but this role has the potential to go permanent.
Working as part of a dynamic and welcoming legal team you will take a key role in advising the business on a range of commercial matters particularly within supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Help the business navigate complex legal issues
- Negotiate, draft and advise on commercial contracts with suppliers including master services agreements, manufacturing supply, software licences, statement of works
- Support tender processes
- Manage disputes with suppliers
- Build strong relationships with the business, procurement and wider legal team
- Deliver legal training
- Keep the business briefed on legal developments and maintain template documents
We are looking for:
- A qualified solicitor or barrister in UK law
- Ideally at least 5 years post qualification experience *
- A solid background in commercial contract law including working with procurement
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously with limited supervision in an exciting and fast paced and constantly changing environment
Package on Offer:
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday (plus bank)
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Sports club membership
- Product discounts
Our client will consider flexible working including significant home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel to the office.
If you are interested in this Senior Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.