Senior Legal Manager - PageGroup (remote working available)
A senior and varied in house role with PageGroup, one of the most well-known brands in the staffing sector.
PageGroup is a FTSE 250 listed business employing over 6,500 people in 37 countries, split up across four brands, Michael Page, Page Personnel, Page Executive and Page Outsourcing. PageGroup reported a gross profit of over £856m in 2019.
Our four core PageGroup are made up of specialised recruitment teams operating across 25 disciplines from actuarial to technology. A lot has changed since we set up in 1976 and the Group continues to grow and evolve. What hasn't changed is our commitment to the professional success of our clients, candidates and employees.
Our values are reflected in everything we do, every day, all over the world. They're an integral part of our business and help set us apart from our competitors. They form a platform for our methods, approach to business and motivation of our people. More than just words, we believe our values are the essence of our brand and influence the way we work, day in, day out.
DescriptionThe Legal Department need to ensure that PageGroup receives high quality, targeted legal advice on the full range of regulatory and commercial issues that impact our sector. The job involves advising on the legal implications of developing new model businesses and the implementation of policies and terms of busines that would enable a range of business activities including commercial and contract work and compliance. The work is varied and sometimes complex, the pace is fast, and the Legal Department need to be resilient and agile. The Senior Legal Manager will provide high quality, targeted and accessible legal advice across a range of practice areas and will work as a valued trusted advisor with colleagues across the business in different regions in order to secure and deliver effective solutions to legal issues. The Senior Legal Manager will need to be highly experienced in specific key areas of legal specialism, including proven experience in the legal implementation of new key business models such as Statement of Work, RPO, MSP, etc. The Senior Lawyer will be expected to provide legal advice that is placed within the wider strategic context and as such will be expected to develop and maintain a broad knowledge of PageGroup's business areas, to develop strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business internationally.
- Member of the UK, EMEA & NA Legal Department reporting to the Director of Legal & Business Affairs.
- Contract Management - reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with clients and suppliers in line with business requirements and company policies;
- Drafting and reviewing standard terms of business for use with both clients and suppliers;
- Claims management - carrying out claim's investigations, preparing responses, liaise with external counsel and participating in litigation process;
- Pro-actively handling incoming queries from the business on contract issues and disputes;
- Researching legal and regulatory issues which arise from time to time and participate in training provided to staff on legal and regulatory issues;
- Liaising with legal and compliance teams in other countries regarding client agreements and any other legal issues.
- Assisting the Bid Solution teams in the regions we cover with their tender responses.
- Experience working in the Recruitment Sector as an in house lawyer.
- You will have worked in-house and have wide-ranging commercial experience. Exposure to working in a regulatory or compliance function is highly desirable.
- Very strong technical skills and good attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of, and accountability for, the legal affairs of PageGroup's business that the role supports, and to deliver result.
- A positive, proactive attitude and flexibility - you will be a solutions-driven, dynamic lawyer with a creative flair, to identify opportunities to add value.
- Excellent people skills ,to build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with customers and team members.
- Contract management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Risk management, issue resolution, and contingency planning.
- Experience of producing and giving presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of client/ third-party supplier contracts.
- Fluent in one other European language (German, French, Spanish)
- Formal techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling legal programmes and projects.
Very competitive salary and bonus.
The option of working completely remotely on or on site at your discretion.
Excellent working environment and an award winning legal function (D&I and Gender Balance).
For further information, please contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.