Senior Counsel - Commercial Property
A major London-based property development company is seeking a 7+ PQE Senior Commercial Property Lawyer to join the team as Senior Counsel.
Taking on responsibility for this major organisation's portfolio, the Senior Counsel will take charge of key transactional work and jointly manage the junior member of the team, advising key senior stakeholders across the business.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Counsel will be to:
- Take charge of high profile, high value transactional work;
- Support and advise the internal Leasing Team on the negotiation of new leases, renewals and development leases;
- Assist the Head of Legal in advising on the Company's response to a more challenging and disruptive retail real estate environment;
- Liaise with external counsel on any property-related disputes which may arise;
- Be the primary contact for key senior stakeholders across the organisation
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 7 years' PQE in commercial property matters with substantial experience in fast-changing environments, ideally in a retail setting. You will have a proven track record of handling high value transactional work and be open to managing junior members of the team.
On offer is a strong salary, good bonus incentive and flexible working. Some office time will be required when conditions allow.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.