Financial Regulation Professional Support Lawyer
A very highly respected UK firm is looking for a Financial Regulatory Lawyer with a minimum of 5 years' PQE to join them for a Professional Support Lawyer role. The Financial Regulation PSL will be offered a full-time, permanent role in London.
Your New Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working Lawyer to combine contentious and non-contentious support with regulatory matters. You would be joining a team with a very strong reputation for retail financial services regulation (including regulated lending and banking, consumer credit and mortgages) and pensions regulatory matters.
The Financial Regulation Professional Support Lawyer will support the national practice and offer strategic assistance in all areas of knowledge for the team, which will include:
- Managing/improving the content of team precedents
- Updating and writing team guidance notes
- Collating current awareness and sector hot topics, with recourse to market source providers, and also leading on sector critical matters with the support of partners and assistants
- Organising ongoing team training, including vetting of training materials, writing/updating training materials, presenting sector critical training (both face to face and online)
- Managing the team knowhow bank with the support of the wider team
- Supporting key clients with training and knowledge services
- Working closely with the team and colleagues in the client services and business development teams on key strategic business development initiatives for the practice
- Liaising with industry bodies such as UK Finance, the Building Societies Association and Finance and Leasing Association
- Supporting the financial regulation group on ad hoc queries and work process improvement initiatives including the use of technology.
The Professional Support Lawyer will work closely with other PSLs across the Banking and Lender Services Group and wider firm, sharing experiences and best practice and delivering projects across the whole practice group.
The Ideal Candidate
Applications should demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years PQE. Experience as a PSL is helpful but not essential.
- Financial services regulatory experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level, ideally including experience in the retail financial services sector working with either consumer credit, mortgage, payments, or retail deposit products.
- A real and genuine interest in financial regulation and in particular the retail financial services sector.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic Financial Regulation Professional Support Lawyer role, please apply today.