Senior Legal and Regulatory Counsel
12 month FTC - Senior Regulatory/Payments Counsel. London-based.
Our client, a multinational payments company, is seeking a Senior Regulatory Counsel for an initial 12 month FTC. The role will report through to the Deputy General Counsel and provide regulatory support to the business globally (excluding the US).
- Advising the business on applicable e-money and payment services regulation and regulatory guidance
- Co-ordination/support of cross-functional implementation programmes in respect of key regulatory changes
- Proactive and reactive communication with domestic, European and international regulators and public authorities
- Horizon-scanning of legal & regulatory developments in the areas of payments (PSD2, 2EMD, 5AMLD), gambling, FX and cryptocurrency
- Supporting on international licensing projects, product launches/expansion specifically by conducting multi-jurisdictional reviews of applicable regulation
- Building and maintaining a global network of external counsel
Successful candidate will be/have:
- 6-12 years PQE, having most recently worked in-house (all candidates and applications will be considered on merit)
- Payments regs experience
- Experienced in providing commercially-focused regulatory advice and providing managerial-level support to junior colleagues
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of FCA-focused work
- A quick mind and strong ability to assess and understand the impact of regulation on a global, regulated business
- Strong technical legal, drafting and analytical skills
- A commercial mindset; particularly the ability to think creatively to ensure that the commercial objectives of the business are considered in impact assessments
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with competing priorities
- Strong EQ - skilled at building good relationships and galvanising support throughout the Group
- Professional integrity and discretion when dealing with sensitive matters/information; and excellent written and verbal English language skills.
For more information or to apply, please contact Clarissa Campbell -