Financial Services Paralegal - 12 month FTC
You will be expected to provide paralegal support to lawyers and partners within the FSM department. You will be working directly with the department's lawyers, you will be working closely with various non-legal colleagues to ensure a seamless and collaborative support function is available and adds value to the department.
A Silver Circle law firm.
- Reviewing/logging/inputting know-how documents in the FSMD intranet system (the Hub);
- Review know how items and prepare KEAT profiles;
- Overseeing filing of relevant know how and maintenance of KEAT library;
- Handling chargeable work, including contacts with clients;
- Assisting with the collation, recording and review of UK draft Brexit legislation relevant to financial services and assisting PSLs/lawyers with their reviews.
- Assisting and overseeing junior FSMD fee earner on client work;
- Contribute to consultation responses (e. to HMT, FSA, EC, ESMA etc);
- Maintaining and updating other aspects of the intranet system;
- Maintenance and updating of fee earners' hard-copy shelf top manuals (FCA Handbook modules; thematic binders;
- Assisting PSLs and fee earners in preparing and updating impact assessment and impact tables of rules and regulations;
- Proofing Documents;
- Assisting fee earners/trainees with specific ad hoc tasks;
- Helping out with regards to archiving of client matter folders;
- Helping with the exercises of reducing hard-copy files both in the fee earner rooms and in the library - this involves sorting through the material in preparation for disposal or archiving;
- Organising and maintaining FSMG library;
- Monitor new publications and consider whether to purchase;
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as and when necessary.
You will have at least 1 years experience working in banking or financial services. Ideally you will the LPC and you must have at least a 2 law degree or GDL.
A 12 month fixted term contract with a Silver Circle law firm.