Our client, a leading global provider of insurance and reinsurance, are seeking a Claims Examiner to join our London Market Property Claims team. This role would suit an NQ or junior lawyer with an insurance litigation background or those looking to cross into this area, as our client would be willing to train and develop the right candidate.
The role involves the examination, analysis, negotiation and settlement of claims from cradle to grave. This includes the review of claims data and underwriting documentation to ascertain validity of losses notified and establish premium payment status.
· Examine claim data and underwriting documentation to ascertain validity of losses notified against cover provided and establish premium payment status for both the company and client.
· Assist with claim reviews and audits at the offices of Coverholders, ceding companies, TPAs and other Insurers and to report on their compliance or otherwise with terms and conditions of risks written and their overall claims handling service.
· Establish adequate reserves for the estimated amounts of anticipated loss and/or adjustment and coverage expenses.
· Negotiate settlements and authorise claim
· Recognise contentious issues and, where appropriate, inform claims management to discuss legal obligations and/or remedies and take appropriate action.
· Inform claims management for onward reporting of any large or unusual losses in order that financial exposure can be fully evaluated and future corrective measures can be determined.
· Manage and monitor the performance of outsourced Coverholders and TPAs where appropriate.
· Maintain files and documentary evidence to create an audit trail of claim values into the computer system and through the books of the company.
· Conduct regular reviews of the claim portfolio to assess the adequacy of reserves being carried.
previous insurance experience is desirable but not essential. The client is willing to onboard those with the right aptitude and fir for the role if they have an interest in the area.
You must be available immediately for virtual interview.