Structured Finance 6+ 6-12 Month Contract
- Full Time
Leading Listed Financial Services Company requires an interim lawyer to work with the Legal Investments team, which provides high quality legal advice and services to the investment teams across the group. The work will include providing legal support to the management of external investment service providers, investment transactions and internal and external investment structures. The role requires management of a variety of legal tasks and management of legal risks and being an active member of the wider Life Legal and General Counsel function.
* Advising on investment transactions including holdings in third party investment vehicles and fund structures, including drafting, negotiating and legal management of documentation for the following areas:
* private credit and private equity transactions such as equity finance, credit facility agreements, both bilateral and syndicated lending
* derivatives matters and derivatives documentation
* investment structures and securitisation documentation
* Knowledge of financial services regulatory matters
* Knowledge of legal issues arising from asset management activities such as investment management and custody, and related activities.
* Management of external legal advisers within budget.
* Provide high quality, commercial legal advice and developing internal customer relationships.
* Provide support to senior team lawyers on investment related projects.
* Provide high quality, practical and commercial legal advice to allow timely decisions to be made by the business
* Manage external counsel effectively to ensure services are delivered within budget and to meet the needs of the business
* Draft high quality legal documentation in a clear and concise way
* Develop good working relationships across the business
* Actively lead, develop, coach and mentor trainee solicitors or paralegals, where applicable, to maximise performance and engagement.
* Manage legal risk as appropriate to role in accordance with the legal risk policy
In-house experience within the financial services sector is required: with candidates who have broad ranging experience and experience of working directly with investment professionals being preferred.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Structured Finance 6+ 6-12 Month Contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly