Legal Counsel 12 Month FTC
1 day left
- Full Time
Legal Counsel 1+ PQE - Bristol - 12 Month FTC - Home Working
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercial lawyer to join this technology focused business, providing digital solutions for UK education and research, on an initial 12-month FTC to cover a period of maternity leave. Reporting directly to the Group General Counsel, part of a supportive and collaborative team of seven, you will have the opportunity to work on some fantastic cutting-edge contracts. There is a strong possibility that this role will be made permanent for the right candidate. This role will be based in their Bristol office however the team are currently all working from home and they fully embrace flexible working; post-COVID there will also be the opportunity for home working.
A Direct Message From The Group General Counsel
"If you are looking for a technology focused in-house role which offers an exciting variety of cutting-edge legal work in a dynamic digital environment combined with a genuine focus on work life balance, flexibility and inclusion - please apply to join us."
Your new role
The Legal team provides in-house legal advice and assistance to all divisions of the business (and its subsidiaries) aligned with the company's business strategy. The Legal team is committed to working in trusted partnership with all business areas of the business to deliver commercially focused legal advice in respect of its activities and initiatives. The core work of the Legal team is the drafting and negotiation of robust and fair contractual terms to underpin the business's relationships with its customers and suppliers to mitigate and manage any potential legal risks.
Responsibilities will include providing legal support and assistance as directed by the Group General Counsel, whilst operating independently to deliver the following accountabilities:
- Reviewing legal documents and providing timely and commercially focused advice to colleagues across the business on potential legal issues arising.
- Engaging with internal clients, sector institutions, stakeholders and external suppliers to facilitate the strategic objectives of the business.
- Carrying out specialised legal research in respect of ongoing work and preparing legal reports and papers on current legal issues and practice areas where required.
- Drafting contract templates, bespoke agreements and a variety of other legal documentation as required.
- Mentoring other members of the Legal team to assist their professional growth and development.
- Providing specialist training as required to staff across the business to develop a greater understanding of legal issues, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Promoting risk management, compliance with applicable policies and procedures and relevant legislation and regulation and effective corporate governance.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified solicitor with 1+ PQE
- Broad commercial law experience, including drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements.
- Relevant legal knowledge and experience of technology law including digital media, intellectual property, data and IT contracts.
- A commercial and "can do" approach.
What you'll get in return
A supportive and collaborative legal team, passionate about the work they do!
My client wants to make sure their people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, they focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible. They are always learning and developing. All their people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Their Benefits Are Great Too
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- Simply health - a health cash plan
- You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
- They provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- They also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Legal Counsel 12 Month FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly