- Full Time
Our client, a household name in the sports and entertainment industry, is looking to bring on board a Legal Counsel - Regulatory & Compliance. London-based.
Our client, a household name in the sports and entertainment industry, is looking to bring on board a Legal Counsel, with experience advising on a range of regulatory matters and assisting in the management of litigation. This is a newly created role and will report through to the General Counsel. Experience advising sports clients is essential.
- Providing accurate, timely and commercially-minded legal advice on a range of regulatory matters, including to members of senior management.
- Assisting in the management of litigation across all departments as required.
- Pro-actively working on, and assisting the Compliance Officer with, tasks and initiatives to ensure 'best in class' processes in respect of compliance and risk management.
- Providing a positive and solutions-oriented approach to issues and challenges, often in relation to complex and innovative matters.
- Adopting and demonstrating our Client's values in manner, approach and output.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of efficient legal processes.
- Identifying and assuming responsibility for legal and non-legal projects. Working with various departments to deliver projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contributing to the development and roll-out of knowhow.
- Working with external advisors where necessary to ensure value and delivery within required timeframes.
- 2-4PQE qualified lawyer, specialising in regulatory/commercial disputes in sport (all applications will be considered on merit)
- Drive and enthusiasm, with an ability to demonstrate pro-active ownership and management of tasks and projects through to completion.
- Excellent inter-personal and team working skills, that inspire trust and confidence both within the legal team and amongst internal clients.
- An ability to effectively identify and manage issues and risks. Adopts a positive 'can do' approach when seeking solutions.
- Effectively manages time and competing demands, escalates and delegates work where appropriate. Keeps senior legal team members well informed of progress on matters.
- Demonstrates a confident and persuasive communication style (verbal and written) which adapts to the audience and circumstances.
- Takes pride in the provision of their work. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to present and communicate complex information in a simple and compelling way.
- Well-organised, with an ability to effectively manage competing demands on occasions