Legal Assistant 12 month FTC - Theatre + Production Company!
An excellent and extremely rare opportunitiy to join a well established legal team in an esteemed theatre company in London a 12 month maternity cover contract.
This role will offer wide-ranging exposure to all departments across the company and include a mix of both legal and board/HR support.
My client is a well established international company set up over forty years ago, it is involved in theatre, film, television, video and concert productions, merchandising, magazine publishing, records and music publishing.
- Document management and filing including in relation to legal show bibles, contracts and correspondence - both in hard copy and digital formats, including copying/scanning etc.;
- Assisting with reviewing, drafting and document editing/formatting of legal documents including licences / NDAs / cease and desist letters / clearance forms;
- Managing the royalty letter process (drafting, distributing and following up on responses);
- Undertaking legal research as required by the Head of Legal / Legal Team;
- Managing the OnBase workflow and deal approval system;
- Managing task lists and following up on action points;
- Fielding and dealing with both internal and external legal/copyright enquiries (i. status of licences, royalty rate queries, photography and translation rights queries);
- General assistance to the legal team.
- Drafting and issuing employee and consultancy offer letters/contracts/settlement agreements;
- Managing the new starter and leaver processes: sending out new starter packs, conducting right to work checks, keeping track of probation periods; completing leaver forms;
- Drafting and issuing private & confidential staff letters;
- Assisting the COO with internal recruitment of staff;
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are current and compliant with UK legislation and guidance and available to staff on the company intranet; and
- Supporting the COO with any general employment matters.
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Highly competent with filing and document management systems, both digital and hardcopy;
- Confident and polite phone manner;
- Highly skilled in drafting, editing and formatting spread sheets, memos, notes, general correspondence and other documents including a sound grasp of word-processor and excel.
- Strong and confident communicator (both written and oral);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable and pro-active;
- Can maintain absolute discretion;
- Works well within a team;
- Ability to multi-task and manage several matters coincidentally and to prioritise workload as appropriate; and
- Passion/Enthusiasm for the performing arts and the theatre industry.
12 month fixed term maternity cover contract starting in late April