Corporate legal secretary/EA
About the role
This is a great opportunity to join Armstrong Teasdale during an exciting growth phase of its London office. Working closely with your colleagues you will provide first-class administrative support within the department and across the Firm.
The role involves some client contact and drafting of correspondence, as well as management of client matter opening and closing, and some compliance responsibilities.
This is a rewarding and varied position that will suit an experienced and knowledgeable Corporate secretary who is keen to take responsibility and add value to the department.
We offer a good work-life balance, although occasional overtime will be required during the busier times.
You will have excellent accuracy and attention to detail, and you will be able to demonstrate your experience in problem solving and the ability to think on your feet.
You will be calm under pressure and able to prioritise your workload and that of your team, taking a flexible approach to accommodate shifting deadlines.
You will have:
- At least five years’ recent Corporate legal secretary experience in private practice
- Knowledge of document and practice management systems, including opening new matters and filing
- A minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute with 98% accuracy
- Excellent long-document and formatting skills with the ability to apply house styles
- The ability to prepare completion bundles
- Experience in Companies House filings
- Advanced Word and Outlook, and Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills (preferably Office 365)
- Excellent verbal and written (including spelling) communication skills; English at native speaker standard
- Excellent timekeeping
About Armstrong Teasdale
Armstrong Teasdale LLP has a long and distinguished track record of delivering sophisticated legal advice and exceptional service to a dynamic client base around the world. Whether an issue is global or local, large or small, Armstrong Teasdale provides each client with an invaluable combination of legal resources and practical advice in nearly every area of law. The firm has 13 offices throughout the US and in the UK, and more than 640 lawyers and staff firmwide.
Our team is ranked as a leading firm in the UK Legal 500 for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and advises on all aspects of M&A, private equity investments, corporate advisory work and governance, and distressed M&A. Much of our M&A work has a cross-border element, and we regularly advise on acquisitions and disposals of private companies, public companies, businesses and assets.
We ask interested candidates to highlighting the role in which you are interested and include a CV and outline of why you are interested in, and suitable for, the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are only able to reply to successful candidates.
Please note we are not accepting applications from agencies