Graduate Recruitment & Development Assistant (6-month fixed-term contract)
- Full Time
HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 500 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients.
Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
• Assist with the co-ordination of vacation schemes;
• Plan and arrange assessment centres – liaise with candidates and internal interviewees to ensure assessment centres run in an efficient and timely manner;
• Support on the running of open days, assessment centres and vacation schemes – introduce speakers, ensure attendees have a positive and welcoming experience;
• Assist with onboarding of new Trainee Solicitors and plan new trainee induction;
• Provide administrative support with trainee seat change and qualification process;
• Assist with marketing and website updates;
• Monitor the Graduate Recruitment Inbox and be a point of contact for graduate recruitment questions – supporting the wider Graduate Recruitment Team;
• Undertake any other ad hoc tasks as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• At least six months' Graduate Recruitment or HR experience within a professional services organisation, ideally legal.
• Professional demeanour.
• Positive and can do approach; self motivated and enthusiastic.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, able to juggle tasks.
• Good communication skills (including presentation skills): able to communicate in a confident and assertive manner. Also able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
• Keen to learn, receptive to feedback.
• High levels of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
HFW operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Recruitment agencies should not submit CVs unless they are part of the PSL and have been engaged regarding this specific vacancy.
HFW aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will be considered only on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website (www.hfw.com/Privacy-Notice), in the section "What we collect and how we use it".
Apply for Graduate Recruitment & Development Assistant (6-month fixed-term contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly