Oil & Gas Lawyer
The market-leading Energy Group of a major international law firm is looking to hire an additional Associate lawyer to be part of their future facing Energy, Oil & Gas Team based Aberdeen. The incoming Oil & Gas Lawyer will be offered a full-time, permanent role.
The oil and gas industry is a challenging but exciting sector that continues to impact the world we live in. Industry players have a leading role in helping the UK meet its net zero ambitions.
Joining the largest UK-based team dedicated to this industry, the Oil & Gas Lawyer will provide advice to clients all around the world on all aspects of the industry including:
- CCUS (and wider energy transition)
- Shipping and transportation
- Gas storage
- Supply chain management
- M&A and financing
As a member of the UK Oil & Gas Team you will work on a broad range of complex, high value, and high-profile M&A transactional, projects and supply chain work for top tier clients within the oil and gas sector across the UKCS and internationally, working closely with many household names in the energy sector.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Lawyer who demonstrates:
- Circa 2+ years’ PQE gained in private practice or in-house within the UK or other common law jurisdiction with a commercial, corporate or an oil & gas focus (candidates with less experience will be considered).
- Experience of transactional, projects and/or supply chain work in the oil and gas sector in the UK and/or internationally.
- Experience drafting and negotiating oil, gas, LNG and LPG sale and purchase agreements.
- Strong commercial acumen and business development skills.
- A commitment to professional development and understanding the oil & gas industry.
The Oil and Gas Lawyer will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
- 25 days annual leave.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Flexible holiday purchase.
- Private Medical Health Insurance.
- Pension package.
- Health & wellbeing incentives.
- Cycle to work scheme.
For a confidential discussion about this Oil & Gas Lawyer position, to request the full job description or to apply, please submit your application today and one of our consultants will be in touch.