Legal Administration Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Administration Assistant to join a leading top tier law firm based in the heart of Newcastle on a part-time basis of 2 days per week.
Your New Role
Working within a busy department, the Administration Assistant will be responsible for:
- Liaising with internal and external clients in a professional manner.
- Liaising with PAs to provide support to Client & Marketing for scheduling tender meetings, directory interviews, client training.
- Liaising with Practice Assistants to enter, maintain and update Interaction - adding new prospects, clients and contacts, activities, and business development information.
- Ensuring current knowledge of client specific protocols and processes and building these into current practices.
- File management – updating and maintaining all files, ensuring documents are filed correctly and named in line with the business wide naming convention and the correct folder structures are adopted (both electronic and paper).
- File opening and closing, ensuring matters are set up on the relevant document/case management system. Undertake all file closing/archiving procedures ensuring compliance at all times.
- Assisting the Practice Assistants as directed in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars, and conferences, (vulture) responsible for arranging registers delegates; booking travel; printing/sending materials; arranges give-aways.
- Ordering all promotional goods and ensuring stock levels.
- Making room and taxi bookings as requested, organising hand deliveries and courier requests, and other ad hoc requests.
- Printing/copying/scanning of documents flowing to document solutions for support with high volume jobs, as appropriate.
- Liaising with fellow team members on workloads and ensuring deadlines are consistently met.
- Answering internal calls for other members of the team.
- Liaising with and taking direction from your Hub Leader, Practice Assistants and Legal Services Assistants.
- Assisting with billing.
- Managing priorities and workloads to ensure deadlines are met. Liaising with Hub Leader/Legal Support Managers where challenges arise.
- Creating and uploading information to client data rooms, in line with instructions from Lawyer, Practice Assistants and Legal Services Assistants.
- Production of court bundles, both paper and electronic copies, ensuring the master bundle is correctly prepared in line with Lawyer instructions and court rules and instructions provided to central copy team to complete printing/copying of master bundles; suitable delivery methods pre-booked as needed.
- Checking client and internal data for accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance with firm/department policies and procedures.
- Checking post and/or emails and dealing with as appropriate ensuring all client related correspondence is appropriately filed in firms document management systems.
Applications are invited from Admin Assistants who demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer/tech skills.
- Previous administration/secretarial experience, ideally from a legal background.
On offer for the Legal Administration Assistant will be a salary of £21,000 per annum.
If you would like to find out more about this exceptional Legal Administration Assistant role, please apply now.
Apply for Legal Administration Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly