Part-time In-house Legal Counsel /Commercial Lawyer (2.5 days per week)
6 days left
- Part Time
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious Legal Counsel/Commercial Lawyer to join our team on a part-time basis and lead on all things Legal!
You will become part of a dynamic and growing company in the global energy sector, whilst being supported to grow and develop, realising your own potential.
The Energy Innovation Centre (“EIC”) was launched in 2008 to accelerate the discovery, development and deployment of innovation for the Energy industry to achieve net-zero by 2050. At the EIC, we support the innovation ambitions of our industry partners from the gas, electricity and water sectors by helping them to discover new technologies that meet their challenges. We do this by constantly searching for new ideas from around the world that have the potential to be game-changing for energy consumers, the supply chain and the industry itself. Once we have identified these ideas and technologies, we help the people behind them to get access to the large energy companies that can help drive these innovations to the next stage of their development.
The details are:
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of agreements including project agreements (utilising EIC’s standard form Direct Investment Agreement), collaboration agreements, terms of variation, NDAs/confidentiality agreements, and supply chain agreements (i.e. IT agreements).
- Advising on good governance and preparation of Board minutes.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s policies and statutory obligations, including the provision of training where necessary, on matters such as (for example) the Company's GDPR, anti-bribery and anti-tax evasion requirements.
- Contract administration including tracking progress with contract drafts and dealing with signature/completion formalities.
- Managing and updating contracts, business processes and database to ensure efficiency.
- Managing IP portfolio including advising on ways in which intellectual property can be protected and exploited, including IP assignments and licences.
- Maintaining the company handbook/policies and advising on HR procedures.
- Communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers.
- Dealing with any litigation matters.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills, outstanding technical role competence and a high level of commercial awareness. We always look for self-motivated team players who can be part of our unique culture.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role, although private practice experience will be considered
- You will be commercially minded, motivated and a self-starter.
- An understanding of operating in a regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good team player with a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent report writing skills.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a solid track record in a similar level legal role. You will be focused and professional, someone who works effectively with a Senior Leadership Team and takes a proactive approach to find effective solutions as well as taking responsibility for the day to day management of legal matters.
Pay and benefits:
- Salary: circa £25k depending on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- 10% employer contribution into a non-contributory personal pension plan
- Private medical insurance
- Professional subscription fees
- Flexible working hours
Apply for Part-time In-house Legal Counsel /Commercial Lawyer (2.5 days per week)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly