In-House Real Estate Lawyer
A leading UK business in the property sector is seeking a 3-6 PQE Real Estate Lawyer to join the team at their Head Office in Leicestershire.
The business is at the forefront of their field and, with a strong legal team in place, this is a superb opportunity for a lawyer to gain in-house experience across a wide range of work.
Working alongside the Co-Heads of Property, the Legal Counsel will:
- advise the business on all property related legal issues arising from the acquisition, development and disposal of land/plots for residential purposes, working collaboratively with the Panel of external legal advisors;
- Advise the business in respect of all property related queries received from all Group Divisions and Panel Solicitors (including in respect of plot sales, management agreements, Rentcharges, Ground Rent or AST threshold queries, Lease extensions, Variation Agreements, Freehold Reversion queries, Transparency Policy issues, site acquisition, planning, or technical queries, Business Asset Transfer Agreement queries and affordable housing transaction queries);
- Liaise with Divisions, Group Accountants and the Company Secretariat with regard to Freehold Reversion Sales, Lease extensions, non-Standard Lease terms, providing advice and assistance where required;
- Review, advise and sign off with Group Treasury Security documentation (Legal Charges, Bonds and PCG arrangements) associated with the acquisition & construction of development sites, as part of Group sign off processes;
- Assist the Company Secretariat in the creation or acquisition of Management Companies and support the administrators within the team with regard to the maintenance of the Group's Charges Register; and
- Assist the wider team with more general workload (such as Contracts/commercial matters, customer complaints, litigation or simple construction matters, NDA's or Letters of Intent).
You will be a 3+ PQE lawyer with experience in Real Estate, ideally in a residential development setting.
There is a highly experienced team on hand to provide advice and guidance, with this role a superb opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience in-house with a major name.