Interim Senior Legal Counsel EMEA FTC 9-12 months
2 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
An exciting 9-12 month Fixed Term Contract opportunity has arisen for a EMEA Senior Legal Counsel 6-8 years + PQE to join a business leading the way with innovative solutions and providing reliable performance for the world's transportation industry. Established in January 1999, they are one of the most respected names in the industry. A world leader in the formulation, manufacturing and marketing of their product for the transportation industry. We number among our customers many of the world's most recognised consumer brands.
Headquartered in Oxfordshire, UK, they have experienced counsel, paralegals and administrative support dispersed across regional Business and Technology Centres in the UK across the globe.
You will provide professional, pro-active advice and support to all affiliates across EMEA on a wide range of commercial and strategic legal issues.
Your new role
- Supporting the General Counsel - EMEA, and the businesses commercial legal function within the EMEA region.
- Provide professional, pro-active advice and support to UK and affiliates across EMEA (principally in France and Italy) on a wide range of commercial and strategic legal issues.
- Dealing with corporate governance, including corporate secretarial matters for the UK and other European-based affiliates; corporate secretarial experience is a strong bonus.
- Provide cross-functional legal support in compliance with laws and regulations, company policies and industry standards, including but not limited to competition law, anti-bribery, international trade, data privacy laws and regulations and managing risk.
- Prepare, review and negotiate all types of contracts and other legally relevant documents, including relevant standards, templates and policies.
- Instruct and work with external lawyers, where applicable.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have:
* Qualified solicitor, barrister or continental European equivalent
* At least 6-8 years + PQE, including proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment.
* Fluency in written and spoken English; additional European languages strongly preferred (particularly French, Italian, and/or German)
* Combination of in-house and law firm experience preferred, chemical industry experience a plus
* Leadership experience is preferred
* Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with legal and commercial colleagues and to thrive in the cultural diversity of a global business
* Excellent communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills
What you'll get in return
9-12 Month Fixed Term Contract within a supportive and collaborative team environment with incredible business support. A rewarding business where people really do matter (I know first hand as I have recruited for them for sometime).
Flexible working options available.
Developing our people has been one of the key factors in our success. They invest heavily in people and we are proud to have many employees in long service. They offer an excellent salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this role, apply today with your CV and/or covering letter.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Interim Senior Legal Counsel EMEA FTC 9-12 months
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly