A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a growing fintech business based in Liverpool. They are looking for an In-house Legal Counsel to report into the General Counsel and Company Secretary in a role which offers autonomy, access to senior decision makers and involvement in varied commercial projects.
The role will involve:
- Drafting and negotiation of a range of supplier and consumer contracts.
- Providing legal advice to sales, procurement and commercial teams on day to day matters and ongoing projects.
- Highlight and escalate legal risk.
- Assist the DPO with data protection and GDPR.
- Provide regulatory advice (some related to FCA regulation).
- Assist with development of new products.
The ideal lawyer will have at least 3 years PQE. The role can be considered on a 4 or 5 day per week basis.
- Experience of commercial contracts gained in private practice or in-house.
- Experience of GDPR.
- Previous exposure to FCA regulations would be ideal but isn't necessary.
- Ability to take a fast, commercial approach.
This is an exciting company in a period of development which will ensure interesting, varied experience for the successful lawyer. The business are flexible in terms of home working but will require some time in the office.