Sole Counsel & Data Protection Manager
Our client is an ambitious and growing technology company headquartered in Manchester. Still in the scale-up and growth phase of its development, the company is well funded, award winning and working globally with well known brand names and multinational clients. It's product offering is innovative, engaging, fun and delivering real world results.
Role - Sole Counsel & Data Protection Manager:
To support the company with data protection and commercial legal requirements, the founders seek to recruit a Sole Counsel & Data Protection Manager to work from their Manchester (or potentially London) offices. This will also include an element of flexible/home working.
Specific duties will include:
- Management of client contracts and data protection agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements
- Advising on privacy laws and regulations;
- Undertaking investigatory work and ensuring compliance with existing and developing areas of privacy law;
- Reviewing, rewriting and implementing standard data protection agreements, and ensuring stakeholders are advise of the same;
- Dealing with clients and external legal advisors;
- And, providing ad-hoc legal advice to key stakeholders.
This role requires someone with a strong handle and interest in Data Protection and GDPR, perhaps with a view to becoming a DPO.
You will ideally have experience of commercial contracts law and data protection, and you should have a good understanding and interest in technology.
You should have at least 3 years' PQE in DP and commercial law.
Part-time working will be considered for more senior applicants, particularly those with a strong Data Privacy or DPO background.
This is a superb opportunity to join an innovative and growing technology company providing a unique software solution to multinational brands and companies.
The role has genuine scope for progression to DPO, should you want it, and the team culture is positive, supportive and encouraging.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.