Senior In-House Counsel
Senior In-House Counsel - Commercial Contracts, Manchester
Our client is a leading global provider of legal services. The in-house legal team has a remit that covers the UK, Europe, Asia and Middle East. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Contracts lawyer to join the in-house Commercial Contracts team and work collaboratively on a range of day-to-day business-wide matters along with strategic projects, in a role that offers real variety.
More about the role
- Small close-knit team with responsibility for the organisation's contracting arrangements with suppliers, clients and other organisations
- Extremely varied role where no two days are the same
- Mix of business-as-usual work and queries from across the business, and strategic projects
- Strategic project work includes contract work from new office expansion, joint ventures, implementing new client wins and implementing new legislation or regulations, such as Brexit
- Daily interaction with decision makers across the business, both in the UK and overseas
- Gain profile and reputation across the entire business
- Design and deliver training as part of project work
- Support on client pitches
Who are they looking for?
- A qualified solicitor with around 7 or 8 years' PQE in commercial contracts, preferably gained within a large commercial firm or an in-house legal team
- A solid academic profile, with at least a 2:1 degree, as the work can often be intellectually demanding and complex
- A professional with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A pragmatic and commercial approach to advising the organisation on their contractual responsibilities
- A collaborative team player
- Strong organisational skills
Benefits of the role
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Agile and flexible working as required, full or part time
- Friendly professional working environment - a close-knit team of friendly, down-to-earth lawyers who are straightforward and easy to get on with
- Lots of variety
- An in-house role with the support and resources of a global firm
- A structured career development pathway and excellent ongoing training programmes
For more details on this Senior In-House Counsel role, please send a copy of your current CV and we can arrange a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior In-House Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly