Professional Negligence Associate
As a Professional Indemnity/Negligence Solicitor, are you looking to expand your expertise and reputation, whilst mitigating the life-style drawbacks of being with a larger firm?
Join an award-winning and internationally present boutique, operating across numerous global markets whilst offering life balance and continued development often afforded to a few.
Built on over 180 years of expertise, and consisted international as the go-to in matters concerning construction, engineering and construction, the 180+ team are present in the UK, Europe and Middle-East and deliver in offering an innovative and bespoke service that hits the mark globally.
Chambers and Legal 500 ranked, the team often outperforms the competition in all quadrants, bearing the hallmark of the one of the UK's leading boutiques
Experts in their respective fields, the team get the route of complex issues in offering insight and expertise, providing guidance and strategy that reflects on a genuine understanding.
Agile, effective, and lead, not managed, the team is unmatched in managing complex international arbitration proceedings; professional indemnity disputes; claims handling; corporate and commercial matters; or contracts and projects advisory services.
Culturally, staff thrive in a progressive, forward-thinking environment with no ideas off the table, encouraging entrepreneurial spirit. Colleague development is seen by the firm as both a personal and strategic objective, with continued progression and mentoring matched with breathing space to work independently being the ongoing norm.
Whether working from the office, or home, staff are property supported by colleagues and technology to hone output across all team levels adequately.
3+ PQE Professional and Financial Risks Associate to join Legal 500 & Chambers ranked international boutique in Bristol.
In response to ongoing investment into the team, a talented 2+ PQE Solicitor has the opportunity to join the Bristol office, as part of the Professions team.
You will handle professional negligence cases for legal and financial professions (such as solicitors, accountants, financial advisors, brokers, valuers and tax and pensions advisors) and their insurers, plus D+O, FI, W&I and a range of other insurance risks.
In a collaborative team, you will be involved in manners concerning but not limited to;
- Defending professionals including some or all of Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors, Insurance Brokers, IFAs, Directors and Officers
- Preparing reports for Insurers with the ability to explain and advise succinctly on difficult and complex areas.
- Advising on case strategy.
- Liaising with senior professional clients in a variety of disciplines.
- Managing the Insurer/Insured relationship, being aware of potential conflicts.
- Preparing for Court cases at all levels, including case management documentation interlocutory applications, expert instructions, witness statements and trial preparation.
- Monitoring critical dates and ensuring compliance with Insurer service level agreements.
In engaging with the clients, you will foster exceptional relationships driven by your commercial mindset and ambition.
The team's output does not come at the detriment of life balance, with there being ongoing avenues for progression as both your expertise and the team increases in size
- 3+ years PQE in handling professional negligence claims
- Committed mindset to quality
- Willingness to actively engage with clients
- Actively engaging in team progression avenues
For a Professional Indemnity/Negligence Solicitor looking for a different pace but keen to continue developing their expertise, this serves as the leading opportunity to join one sector's best firms