Funds/Regs lawyer Edinburgh based
5 days left
- Full Time
My client is a global financial services business who is looking to grow its Trust and Depositary team. This role will be based in Edinburgh and is part of a new headcount. The successful applicant will be working directly with the Head of Legal and will be the sole lawyer covering this part of the business with the Head of Legal.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:-
- primarily a legal support role within a Funds context. The role-holder is responsible for the administrative control and management of legal documentation to which Trust and Depositary is a party and dealing with ad hoc legal queries;
- support the Head of Legal in the review of new scheme documentation together with annual and ad-hoc changes to existing scheme documentation;
- assume primary responsibility for the review of documentation relating to the conduct of transactions for the acquisition, management and disposal of immovable property;
- take responsibility for preparing and keeping up to date standard template legal agreements, assisting with and ultimately leading contract negotiations and preparing and managing execution; and
- generally assist the Head of Legal in legal matters in relation to the day-to-day trustee and depositary activities
This role is best suited to a lawyer between NQ-3PQE who is looking for a wide ranging role that will be very client facing and give you exposure to varies parts of the business. Depositary experience would be ideal however a lawyer with funds, regulatory or broader financial services experience could also be relevant. Given this role is targeted at the junior end the client does not expect the successful candidate to have an abundance of direct experience and will be able to train the candidate in areas that they have not had experience in.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.
Apply for Funds/Regs lawyer Edinburgh based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly