Marketing & Business Development Assistant
HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 500 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients.
Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
HFW's Marketing & Business Development Department is comprised of teams that look after the regional offices, industry groups, and marketing operations (including communications, events, graphic design and the CRM system).
To provide marketing and business development support to a dedicated industry group on a range of marketing and business development activities. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Communication and Design teams, Knowledge Management and Personal Assistants.
The role will be varied, but not limited to:
• Assisting with the preparation, co-ordination and delivery of pitches, panels and capability statements to tight deadlines;
• Assisting in the follow-up of BD and marketing opportunities and updating pipeline/reporting accordingly;
• Fielding requests for sources of information to support pitches across the business;
• Proactively identifying and monitoring the progress of potential matters and credentials for internal or external promotion in order to regularly feed into directories, website, internal newsletter;
• Supporting the Marketing & Business Development Manager with various account management tasks;
• Working alongside fee earners and personal assistants to draft initial legal directory and awards submissions;
• Co-ordinating the approval and distribution of briefings and articles, including proofing, style checks, creation of ebriefings in Vuture and the scheduling of their distribution to relevant audiences alongside Knowledge Management, the Design team, and personal assistants;
• Supporting the delivery and promotion of webinars and face-to-face events (which may include working outside of normal working hours);
• Maintaining stocks of marketing collateral, organising for reprints and making minor updates where required, as well as ensuring updated documents (including CVs) are uploaded to the web;
• Providing support on key sponsorships and other external marketing opportunities;
• Assisting with Marketing & BD department projects;
• Covering colleagues' absences;
• Any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Marketing;
• Ideally, a minimum of six months' relevant experience gained within a professional services organisation, preferably legal;
• Excellent written skills with good attention to detail;
• Team player and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation;
• Strong IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of content management and CRM (InterAction) systems advantageous;
• Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks to deadline;
• Resourceful, able to use own initiative to find answers to queries.
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
HFW operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Recruitment agencies should not submit CVs unless they are part of the PSL and have been engaged regarding this specific vacancy.
HFW aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will be considered only on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website (www.hfw.com/Privacy-Notice), in the section "What we collect and how we use it".