Employment 6+ 12 Month Contract
Leading international software company requires a senior employment lawyer. You will be responsible for ownership of the global employment law strategy for the organisation as well as provide legal advice and guidance on a wide range of employment matters. This will include day-to-day management of employment litigation, internal investigations and employee disputes, as well as work closely with Human Resources, regional counsel, and other functions to assist with employment issues that arise from the Company's operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Serve as the lead employment lawyer, with a focus on global initiative, leverage regional legal/HR support, as required.
* Provide advice and counsel on a broad range of employment issues, including recruitment, high risk disciplinary actions and terminations, re-organizations, complex leaves of absence and accommodations issues, compensation, contingent workers, HR policies and practices, and performance management, among others
* Partner and coordinate on matters as needed with country counsel, HR Business Partners, and local external counsel, where required
* Provide employment law advice related to Works Council matters in applicable European countries
* Manage or support on employment-related litigation and internal investigations, engaging external counsel as needed
* Manage and support HR compliance, employee escalations, and employee disputes
* In coordination with HR and regional counsel, assist with the review of policies, standards and business procedures designed to foster compliance with various employment laws and regulations
* Enhance and develop organizational knowledge of employment law matters
* Build and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders, other members of the legal and HR teams such as country counsel, the regional HRBP teams, and other internal clients to support employment law compliance and manage employment law risk.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.