Tax Legal Counsel
In House - Tax Counsel - Global Private Equity Fund - 4-10pqe – London
Our client is a leading global Private Equity Fund based in London.
Marsden is retained exclusively on a search for a tax attorney/advisor with 4-10 years UK and EU tax advisory experience to join a four-person Tax legal team focussing on tax planning across this global business.
In this role you will advise on transactions and structures in Europe, help to set policies and procedures for international investments, and collaborate with investment professionals and product solutions teams. As part of the legal tax team you will provide legal support across the firm on international tax matters, working closely with European counsel, external counsel and advisors and the tax finance team
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:-
- Develop and enhance strategic structures for European investment platforms
- Support global investment teams on complex and diverse transactions
- Assist in the creation of new products for the UK, EU and global markets advising on tax considerations with respect to proposed terms, jurisdictions and structures;
- Monitor and advise on tax legislation changes in Europe
- Provide support for the firm’s pipeline of tax planning opportunities.
Candidates will have the experience of tax issues impacting private funds operating in Europe, their sponsors and their investors, including:-
- Structuring cross-border investments in a tax efficient manner across Europe
- A range of asset classes including equity and debt investments, originated debt transactions, distressed debt transactions and real assets and VAT issues
- European tax laws, including BEPS, ATAD I & II and DAC 6 and preferably advising EU based multinational insurance companies
- Preferably knowledge of US tax concepts
This role will offer a generous pay and bonus scheme for the candidate who will flourish in the fast-paced, demanding international environment of this global private equity Fund.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please click APPLY and attach your cv if you have one and/or please contact SAMEER CHAUHAN for a confidential discussion about this role and any others.
Marsden is an experienced global recruitment consultancy with a personal touch, extensive industry experience and an understanding of the significance of managing your career.
All applications will be reviewed and a consultant will be in touch if we can assist you. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.