Head of Legal - Venture Capital
7 days left
- Full Time
In House - Head of Legal - Leading European Venture Capital (VC) Fund - Brussels, Belgium
Our client is a venture capital firm investing in cutting edge disruptive technology businesses related to technology led science and agriculture sectors. They seek a mid to senior level venture capital lawyer with ideally a minimum of 4-7 years transactional venture capital experience to join their European team and sit with the Partners of the fund who are based at their head office in Belgium. The business will cover the cost and provide you with relocation assistance if moving from a different country to join them.
The role will report to the Partners of the business and offer day-to-day support to the operations and investment teams. You will have a thorough understanding of venture capital transactions significant transactional experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Transaction management of a the whole lifecycle of European and US venture capital transactions (from Cap Table, NDA, and Term Sheet to definitive agreements and post-closing matters) managing outside counsel where appropriate;
- Company Secretarial duties for the fund and its portfolio businesses when appropriate;
- Working closely with the partners to advise on potential and current investments;
- Maintaining procedures and policies horizon spot and keep the business compliant with relevant regulations;
- Providing general ad-hoc advice and assistance in Finance, HR and management matters;
The ideal candidate will have a transaction based, business-focus with a strong sense of service; be a fluent communicator with a proven commercial outlook; and be proficient in English. Venture capital deal experience is required either in-house or at a law firm. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a bonus.
On offer is an attractive compensation package and the enviable opportunity to work in the vibrant and modern European commercial hub of Brussels. You will be offered the chance to experience a fast-growing international venture capital business within a challenging and collaborative environment in this sector. The Partners at the business come from leading commercial and venture capital backgrounds, meaning that you will work with an inspirational and seasoned front office team.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please click APPLY and attach your cv if you have one and/or please contact SAMEER CHAUHAN for a confidential discussion about this role and any others.
Marsden is an experienced global recruitment consultancy with a personal touch, extensive industry experience and an understanding of the significance of managing your career.
All applications will be reviewed and a consultant will be in touch if we can assist you. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.