Wills and Probate Legal Executive/Solicitor (9 Month FTC)
An award-winning Leeds firm, is looking for a Solicitor/Paralegal/CILEx qualified file handler to join their Wills, Probate, and Estate Planning Department on a 6 to 9 month fixed term maternity cover contract, commencing from mid-July 2021.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have a minimum of 3 years experience and that you have managed your own caseload covering the full range of private client matters.
The role will include:
- Taking instructions from clients for Wills, Powers of Attorney, Declarations of Trust, Court of Protection matters, Probate and Estate Administration.
- Drafting Wills including those utilising trusts to assist with more complex family situations and Inheritance Tax planning.
- Preparing, and providing the certificate of understanding for Lasting Powers of Attorney and registering both Lasting & Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Drafting and advising on Declarations of Trust and other client documents.
- Preparing Court of Protection applications.
- Preparing applications for obtaining Grants of Representation and dealing with the full administration of estates (both taxable and non-taxable) with support from a senior Solicitor.
- Assisting Attorneys and Court of Protection appointed Deputies.
The role is expected to run for 6-9 months and has the potential to be extended further.
Flexible working and some remote working will also be considered.
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Charlotte Williams at Chadwick Nott in Birmingham.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Wills and Probate Legal Executive/Solicitor (9 Month FTC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly